Monday 20 January 2014

Game Diary: 20/01/2014

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox)
I'm still playing this, and by play I mean leave the console on and go out because the game gives you free points for minutes spent in training mode, technically not the quickest way to unlock everything but it is a hell of a lot easier than playing the game over and over, not to say I'm not playing it at all. I have this system with fighting games where I always use the score I get as a way of measuring my skill level, if I beat my old high scores by a large amount them I'm clearly improving, that said I beat my old high score by like 2 million points which is great for me, not so good for everyone else.
The last boss in this game is a bit shit isn't he? The first 2 forms are alright but the third form keeps going off screen so you can't see him, piece of shit, at least in the previous marvel games you could still see the boss when he mostly goes off screen, fuck Abyss give me Apocalypse and Cyber Akuma.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Xbox)
I used to play this all the time on Gamecube because it was the only 2D fighting game on the system and I got really good at it, I even lucked out and found a cheap 3rd party arcade stick for a fiver in a shop. Years later I play the xbox version and I am garbage at it, I can't even get Shin Akuma to appear, I used to be able to do it every single time. I'll be honest I really like the different fighting grooves the game has, I'm quite big on the A Grove because it lets you endlessly combo for a short period of time as long as you don't get hit, last week I pulled off a 40+ hit combo in training using the A groove, I ended up breaking one of the buttons on my cheap 3rd rate xbox original arcade stick. Awesome game but it has things that really annoy me, it has all the SNK characters I'm use to using but they've been tweaked by Capcom in a way where they aren't quite what they are in SNK's own games, I guess Capcom don't like aerial special attacks outside of Marvel vs. Capcom.

Animal Corssing (Gamecube)
Today I made an effort to talk to my neighbours, all they did was complain that I hadn't spoken to them in 2 weeks, some of them are dicks but some of them are fairly cool and gave me loads of free shit for no reason. One neighbour though tried to fuck me over super hard, they offered to give me an awesome item but to get the item I had to guess which hand it was in, the condition is if I fuck up I get a rubbish item, either way they get all my money, I am so glad I discovered the bank account system last night, had she walked away with 90,000 bells in exchange for conga drums I would have left a pitfall seed outside of her fucking house.

I came one step closer to getting all the fossils today only to then look at my fossil collection and realise that I sold 3 mammoth torsos recently thinking I had already donated one, I bet I won't find another one for 3 weeks now or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment