Sunday 23 March 2014

Game Diary: 20/03/2014-23/03/2014

Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)
Nothing to say other than playing competitively so much really makes you feel the difference when you turn on items and start playing as characters you wouldn't normally play as. Competitive Melee is fun but every now and then it is nice you have a stupid match like Pokeball's only or a Jigglypuff 4-way where you can only use the rest attack.

Burnout 2: Point of Impact (Gamecube)
I'm slowly pushing through this, winning cups on sitting at a time. I'm not looking forward to doing them all again to unlock the challenges I missed out on the first time.

Sniper Elite (Wii)
Sniper Elite on Wii is nothing more than a shoddy port of a mediocre 2005 PC game, the game controls like ass and it takes some time to adjust. Each mission is taking me on average 40 minutes to an hour because I don't know what I'm doing, the controls aren't made very clear in the games instructions, it doesn't help that all the tutorial videos the game shows you at the start are from the PC version. I'd hate to think what this would have been like had it been played with the Wii Zapper as intended.

Pangya! Golf with Style (Wii)
I played on this while I was waiting for something to download on my PC. A lot of people scoff at this stuff but I really enjoy some of those casual play Wii games, they all get put together as cheap budget game rubbish but there are some great casual games on Wii and this is one of those said games. I've already spoke about how the sequel betters this in every way but it is still great fun.

Trauma Center: Under the Kinfe (DS)
Playing through the same stages as in Second Opinion make me realise how much the gameplay has been refined between each Trauma Center game, it isn't that Under the Kinfe has aged badly but everything was done a lot better in the later games. I find some simple things to be bothersome to do in under the knife, some times the game won't count a stitching even though you clearly stitched over the cut.

Tetris DS (DS)
I finally did it, I finally beat all 20 levels of a Tetris game, I don't know what made me play so well all of a sudden but my screen was hardly full when I completed the final line. This is my favourite version of Tetris by far and it is a shame that it won't be playable online anymore come the end of May (not that I can play online with my DS Original).

No comments:

Post a Comment