Tuesday 15 April 2014

Game Diary 10/04/2014-15/04/2014

I've been busy all week catching up with two months worth of work I didn't have time for previously. I thought I wouldn't have time for games at all but I'm ahead of schedule.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (wii)
I decided I wanted something different out of this so I've started playing as A.B.A, now that I'm playing as a character with a play style I;m not use to I find a lot of my matches int he game are going into round 3 which is alright but it has made me discover a fairly annoying bug in the game, the fucking music does not loop when the song ends, which means if I fight for too long the game will go completely silent until the fight ends. It's pretty irritating because the music is one of my favourite things about Guilty Gear.

Geometry Wars Galaxies (Wii)
I got curious and had a look at the wi-fi high score table for the Retro Evolved. The guy in first managed a score of over 13 billions, every single person below him didn't even manage 2 billion. I can't decide if he cheated or is a master of the game, the wii player base probably isn't very big, I wonder what the world record is on the 360 and PC versions?
Anyway I came to the realization that the classic controller isn't that great for this for one simple reason, the control stick has an octagonal ring around it which makes it hard to have full 360 degree control over your shots. Anyway I have always believed this is the best version of Geometry Wars, it's not HD like the 360 and PC versions but it has like 50 times the content of the original Retro Evolved, amazingly I've had people tell me I'm wrong. I can;t say how this holds up to Geometry Wars 2 because I've never played the full version of that.

Go! Go! Cosmo Cops (DS)
Started played this for real. It's super easy but at least it tries different things and doesn't get boring. It probably won;t take me long to beat this, I do think the developers put together a well designed game and in many ways the game probably would have been better off if it wasn't a retail game (no one buys these kind of games in shops sadly).

Beatmania (PS1)
I'm still shit at it.

Phantasy Star Online Version 2 (Dreamcast)
I finally unlocked the final area, Jesus wept what a difficulty spike. The enemies are incredibly tough and the rooms you fight them in are often cramped which makes it harder to fight them when your main weapon happens to be guns (still better than using swords). The guild missions are pretty hard too because you get partnered up with a NPC on all 3 of them and they all use close range weapons so they get completely murdered by the monsters.

Hydro Thunder (Dreamcast)
I tried to see if I could unlock the hard stages, I couldn't. Hydro Thunder is arcade at the core. The only way you are going to beat it is if you play all the stages over and over until you remember where all the boost refills are located and even then the games AI rubber bands almost at random, I can break my own course record and finish 2 places lower than I did on a previous time.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Spirit Caller (DS)
I completely this game ages ago and I've put a good 70 hours into it but I still pop it on every now and then to try and grind some more experience and level up so I can get more cards. Never going to get to play this online seeing how the servers die in 5 days and I only own a DS Phat.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters Edition: World Championship Tournament 2006 (GBA)
I'm finally ready to start playing this again. I haven't been playing this much ever since I lost a good 50 hours worth of play time, the fact that the monster that was played when my game corrupted looked like this is completely incidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment